As a firm we are committed to providing a high standard of work and service to all our clients. If there is an expression of dissatisfaction we need you to tell us about it. This will help us to improve our standards.
When a complaint has been identified or received the complaint is to be directed to the designated Complaints Handling Member who is Nick Ryles. If you do not have those details to hand please contact Mr Nick Ryles our Complaints Handling Member at our offices, 6 Pall Mall, Hanley, Stoke on Trent, Staffordshire, ST1 1HG.
- A letter of acknowledgement will be sent to the client, within 5 working days of the complaint being received. This means that as soon as a complaint has been identified it must be forwarded to Nick Ryles as a matter of urgency.
- This will be the start of the investigation into the complaint. Nick Ryles will then look into the nature of the complaint, review the file and speak to the member(s) of staff to whom the complaint relates.
- Nick Ryles will then contact the Client within 15 working days to discuss the complaint. A meeting will be arranged if so requested. The aim clearly to endeavour to reach an amicable resolution to the complaint. If the matter is of a pressing nature efforts will be made to shorten these time scales to the absolute minimum. If the Complaint relates to Nick Ryles then another Member will act as the Investigator of the complaint to ensure that the procedures are followed on an objective basis.
- Within 5 working days of the meeting Nick Ryles or the relevant Member will write to the client to confirm what took place at the discussion stage and any resolutions agreed.
- The client will be advised in the letter referred to in the paragraphs above, if at this stage the client is still not satisfied, to contact Nick Ryles or the relevant Member again within 20 working days to discuss why the client is dissatisfied with the response given and to request a review. Upon receipt the matter will be reviewed again taking into account the reasons given as to why the client remains unhappy still.
- The client will be written to within 14 days of the receipt of any request for a review, confirming the Practice’s final position on the complaint and explaining our reasons.
- If the matter remains unresolved, then the client will be advised that they can contact the Legal Ombudsman at P O Box 6806, Wolverhampton, WV1 9WJ or on the telephone number provided 0300 555 0333. Any complaint must be made within 6 months of the client receiving the final written response from the firm. The client must also be advised of the Legal Ombudsman’s website for further guidance.
Non Client Complaints
Non-clients of Lichfield Reynolds who wish to complaint about the conduct of the firm, or its employees, should contact the Complaints Director. The Complaints Director will then contact you to explain how we will deal with your complaint.