Summary of Financial Remedies Fixed Fees Package
To offer you certainty about your costs and to help you budget accordingly, we offer you various Fixed Fee Packages for progressing and resolving financial issues arising from separation. You may choose to instruct us from start to finish by purchasing a series of Packages or instruct us simply for one or more of the Fixed Fee Stages set out below. The Financial Fixed Fee Packages are available to you if:
• You are married or in a civil partnership
• Your present household has a gross annual income from all sources of less than £35,000 and capital of less than £5,000 excluding the equity in your present home
• You and your spouse have no assets outside England & Wales
• There are no business interests except if you or your spouse are a sole trader
• There are no additional interested parties who may be joined in the proceedings
If you have assets or income above these levels it is likely that we will need to spend more time with you. We may still be able to offer you a tailored fixed fee. Please talk to one of our family team about this.
There are 5 Fixed Fee Stages which are summarised below. The majority of financial cases are resolved by Stage 3, or earlier. Throughout we will try to negotiate a financial settlement to avoid moving up to the next Stage.
We will always, when appropriate, advise the use of mediation.
Stage 1: Advice where agreement has already been reached
Stage 2: Exchanging financial information and negotiations
Stage 3: From the issue of the financial application up to and including the First Appointment at court.
Stage 4: After the First Appointment up to and including the Financial Dispute Resolution hearing (FDR).
Stage 5: Final hearing.