If You Start a Divorce – Fixed Fee
What we will do for you as Petitioner
We will fully manage every step of your divorce or civil partnership dissolution:
- Draft divorce petition and statement of arrangements for children documents
- Advise you about making an application for court fee remission if you are financially eligible
- Correspond with your spouse/civil partner or their solicitors
- Issue the divorce application
- Receive the response form from your spouse
- Apply for decree nisi
- Apply for decree absolute
What is not covered
- Any advice about property, finances, children or domestic violence
- Any work or advice if the divorce is defended or the petition needs amendment
- Any cases that need to be issued outside England & Wales or where you or your spouse or civil partner live abroad
- The cost of obtaining a marriage certificate
- Court fees (currently £410)
- Enquiry agent’s or bailiff’s fees
- Advice about pursuing, enforcing or disputing the costs of a divorce
- Any assistance in applying for legal aid
- Any cases in which your spouse cannot be found or will not co-operate.
If any of this excluded work is needed, we are happy to continue to help you. We will let you know in advance how much any additional work will cost.
What are the costs?
A fixed price of £450 + vat.
An initial deposit of £200 + vat and the court issue fee of £340 are required (unless eligible for court fee remission).
The balance is payable within 3 months of our first meeting under this Fixed Fee.