If Your Spouse Starts a Divorce – Fixed Fees


What we will do for you as Respondent


  • Advise you about the divorce or dissolution of civil partnership papers received
  • Draft your reply form for the court
  • Correspond with your spouse/civil partner or their solicitors relating to the divorce/dissolution proceedings.


What is not covered


  • Any advice about property, finances, children or domestic violence
  • Any advice if the divorce is defended or the petition needs amendment
  • Any cases which have been issued outside England & Wales or where you or your spouse or civil partner live abroad
  • Advice about pursuing, enforcing or disputing the costs of a divorce
  • Any assistance in applying for legal aid
  • Any cases in which your spouse cannot be found or will not co-operate
  • Applying for decree absolute as respondent.

If any of this excluded work is needed, we are happy to continue to help you.  We will let you know in advance how much any additional work will cost.


What are the costs?


A fixed price of £195 + vat.

The fee is payable at the first meeting under this Fixed Fee.