Financial Remedies Stage 2 - Exchanging Financial Information and Negotiations
Stage 2 aims to help you produce a legally binding financial agreement following disclosure of all relevant financial documents and information. We will encourage you to attend mediation as appropriate and support you through that process.
What we will do for you
- Request voluntary exchange of financial disclosure by contacting your spouse or their solicitors or assist you in undertaking financial disclosure alongside the mediation process
- On receipt of you spouse’s financial documents, provide further advice to aid negotiations
- If agreement is reached, prepare the draft court order and supporting documents and manage the process of submitting them to the court. If there are no divorce proceedings at this time we will draft a separation agreement for you.
What is not covered in Stage 2
- Any work or advice on divorce, children or domestic violence issues
- Any conveyancing work necessary to implement an agreement.
- Any court or professional fees, for example, for the valuation of property or pensions, or barrister’s fees
- A court application, other than obtaining a financial consent order
- If there is no agreement after 4 months, we reserve the right to terminate Stage 2 at that point.
What will it cost?
The fixed price for Stage 2 is £600 + vat.
An initial deposit of £200 + vat is required.
A second payment of £200 + vat is required on exchange of financial disclosure.
The final payment of £200 + vat is required, together with any court fee at the point the draft consent order is ready to be submitted to the court for approval or the separation agreement is ready to be signed.
The Fixed Fee for Stage 2 will be reduced by £120 if you reach an agreement in mediation.