Financial Remedies Stage 5 – Final Hearing
If your case has not settled at Stage 4, a final hearing will be needed at which the judge will hear evidence and give judgment.
What we will do for you
- Update the documentation and draft any statements the court has ordered to be submitted by you/your witnesses
- Correspond with your spouse or their solicitors
- Continue to assist you in any negotiations to try and settle your case before the hearing and if agreement is reached, prepare a draft consent order for the judge’s approval
- If you are the applicant, prepare the bundle of documents for the hearing and if you are the respondent, approve those documents
- Advise you on the formulation of your open proposals, submit them to the court and exchange with your spouse or their solicitor
- Liaise with you in selecting a barrister to represent you at the hearing and prepare a brief to counsel.
What is not covered in Stage 5
- Any work or advice on divorce, children or domestic violence.
- Any conveyancing work necessary to implement an agreement or judgment.
- Any other professional’s fees, including your barrister’s fees.
- Any maintenance peding suit of financial injunction applications.
What are the costs?
The fixed price for Stage 5 is £1,200 + vat. This fee is reduced to £1,000 + vat if you instructed us for Stage 4.
Payment is required in full at the start of Stage 5.
The fee for your barrister is required 6 weeks before the hearing.