Children Stage 3 – Court Application to Children’s Dispute Resolution Hearing
If no agreement is reached about the arrangements for the children at Stage 2 (Advice and Negotiations), the aim of Stage 3 is to move forward into the court process.
What we will do for you
- Prepare the court application forms
- Issue the court application
- Serve the application on the other party or their solicitors
- Represent you at the children’s dispute resolution hearing in Stoke-on-Trent, Stafford or Crewe courts
- If agreement is reached at the hearing, we will prepare a draft consent order or other appropriate recording of the terms of the agreement
- If agreement is not reached at the hearing, we will advise you in outline about any directions required by the court to be complied with in readiness for a further hearing.
What is not covered in Stage 3
- Any work or advice on divorce, finances or domestic violence
- Any international elements
- Care proceedings, child abduction or enforcement of existing court orders
- Court fees, process server’s fees, the fees of any other professionals or experts or barrister/solicitor agent’s fees for a Children’s Dispute Resolution hearing other than at Stoke-on-Trent, Stafford or Crewe courts
- Any work to comply with the court’s directions.
What will it cost?
The fixed price for Stage 3 is £800 + vat. The fee is reduced to £640 + plus vat if you have instructed us at Stage 2.
If the court lists further hearing(s) to review the progress of interim arrangements, for example the reintroduction or progress of contact and/or to make further directions following the Children’s Dispute Resolution hearing, we will represent you at the courts in Stoke-on-Trent, Stafford or Crewe at an additional fixed fee of £400 + vat for each additional court attendance. Please note that this will not include interim contested hearings for which we will provide a separate quotation.
An initial deposit of £400 + vat and the court fee (usually £215) is required.
The balance is required 14 days before the Children’s Dispute Resolution hearing.
The fee for any additional court attendances for review/directions hearing is required 21 days before the relevant hearing.